Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

LM 333 - "Birthday Theme" Sketch Challenge

Good Sunday morning scrappy friends! Can you believe that February is almost over? I know it's a short month, but it really just flew by!
We have a new theme and a new set of challenges for you today! For the month of March DT member Sandy is providing our challenges, and a prize to one lucky winner. Our theme is "Birthday" and our first challenge is:

LM #333 - Create a "Birthday" layout using the following sketch by the talented Laura Whitaker.


We have two guest designers joining us for March! Please give a warm welcome to Sherri and Ashley! We are so happy to have them joining us for our March challenges!
March GDT - Sherri

My name is Sherri Caramico, I live in New Jersey. I have been married to my high 
school sweetheart for 34 years, and am the mother of 2 adult sons, and 2 young 
Portuguese Water Dogs. All of them are my favorite subjects! We love to travel 
and Disney Cruising and Disney Parks are our favorite way to vacation.  I 
started scrapping late in my children's lives, ( about 12 years ago,) and I know 
I will never get "caught up." I'm okay with that, as I like to scrap what I 
"feel like" scrapping, and love lots of layers, textures and "stuff" on my 
pages.  </i><i>Scrapbooking has helped me to meet so many people that I now call 
my true friends. I love going on weekend scrapbook retreats with my scrappy 
friends, and creating and laughing together late into the night! I enjoy sharing 
my work, and hope I inspire others to think outside the box and encourage them 
just try a new technique or product. I believe there is no right or wrong, no 
good or bad in scrapbooking - everyone has their own personal "art" inside 
them." Don't be afraid to find yours!"

March GDT - Ashley

Hello! I'm Ashley and I 
started scrapbooking when I was 16. I only made 8.5x11 size pages until about 
four years ago when I decided to try 12x12 size. Now my albums are a mix of both 
styles, plus some pocket pages sometimes too. I've been a nurse for 10 years and 
I work at a high medium/maximum security prison nearby. I recently got engaged 
and we have three dogs. I love the challenges at Lasting Memories and I'm super 
excited to be guest designing!

And the layouts from our talented design team members:
Sandy



Lori

Tina
 
 
One lucky winner will win this prize, courtesy of Sandy!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find time to create with us this week!

6 comments:

Louise said...

Hi! I'm new here and I am still learning the rules. I was still working on one of the February challenges and just realized they needed to be done by the 24th. When do the March challenge need to be done by?

Michele said...

Hi Louise! WELCOME!!! I just updated our blog... and the MARCH challenges are due March 31st. Thanks so much for playing along!!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, Louise, I think I did that too! Thanks MIchele!

Sherri Caramico said...

So happy to be featured as the March Guest Designer for March! This is such a FUN Challenge Blog! So many talented designers and participants!

Unknown said...

Oh my!! This sketch perfect for not-so-great photos at a bowling alley - thanks for the inspiration!!! xo
and congrats to GDT

Unknown said...

These are some awesome inspiration layouts :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails